Re: [xslt] XSL parameter declaration using libxslt - expected behavior?

On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 02:16:11PM -0500, John Browne wrote:
> What I have noticed is, the libxslt transformation is successful and
> works the same whether I declare the parameter using xsl:param or not.
>  The following:
>
> <xsl:value-of select="$param_test"/>
>
> works fine without the xsl:param declaration, the libxslt processor
> does not give an error, and the parameter is available for use in the
> stylesheet.
>
> Shouldn't the xsl:param declaration be required and cause a
> transformation error if it's missing?

  Best would be to check the spec...
    http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#top-level-variables
I would infer from 11.4 that without the declaration, the parameter
should not be in scope to the stylesheet and the reference to it should
fail. Seems you're right, please fill a bugzilla entry. It's also likely
to break existing code relying on that bug unfortunately.