Re: [xslt] handling of < in CDATA sections

Vincent Lefevre wrote:
They don't just look like. They exactly *are* processing instructions.

Hmm I never thought about them like that, but now that I do I think you are right. Thanks.

xsltproc probably defaults to html output when the root element of
the output is "html". I don't know what SGML PI's look like, so I
don't know if this is a bug or not. You can still specify the ending
"?" in your stylesheet, as Daniel said.

Ok I see now, when the root element is <html> the processing instruction is an SGML PI, and according to http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-html40-970917/intro/sgmltut.html, those do not end in ?> but in >. So it looks like xsltproc's behaviour is right. Sorry for the noise, the details of xml/xslt turn out to be hard for me again and again :)

cheers,

roel