Re: [xslt] handling of < in CDATA sections

Daniel Veillard wrote:
  An XML PI does not end with ?> but with >
so ....
<xsl:processing-instruction name="php">
  $var = 0;
?</xsl:processing-instruction>

Well I couldn't find a definition of what a PI should look like, but on
http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#section-Creating-Processing-Instructions there is the following example:

=====
For example, this

<xsl:processing-instruction name="xml-stylesheet">href="book.css" type="text/css"</xsl:processing-instruction>

would create the processing instruction

<?xml-stylesheet href="book.css" type="text/css"?>
======

which led me to believe that the extra ? should not be necessary but should be put in by the xslt processor. I've solved my problem so it's not important to me any more, I was just trying to figure out if I understood something wrong.

P.S.: all this is not xsltproc specific, it's just XML and XSLT specs !

You're right it's not xsltproc specific, I originally posted here because of the difference in output between xsltproc versions. So sorry for the noise.

cheers,

roel