Re: [xslt] [BUG?] xslt:variable to represent some elements issue

On Sun, Aug 21, 2005 at 10:36:43AM +0200, Christian Parpart wrote:
> On Sunday 21 August 2005 10:25, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> > On Sun, Aug 21, 2005 at 07:40:34AM +0200, Christian Parpart wrote:
> > > Hmm.... what did I wrong?
> >
> >   You still didn't realized that "foo" in an xpath expression will
> > *not* catch an element named foo but in a namespace, and the element
> > defined in your variable is in a namespace !
> >   This is XPath FAQ #1
>
> I said I had problems in understanding xpath toghether with namespaces,
> didn't I?
> btw, "{exsl:node-set($RTF)/*/@attribute}" gives the result, but I can't
> replace that "*" (maybe/obviousely *that* namespacing problem).
>
> Thanks for the link to that FAQ your're refering to :p

Your misunderstanding of XSLT/XPath is not related to libxslt itself.

   http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/bugs.html
   Title "The XSLT C library for Gnome: Reporting bugs and getting help"

   "If you need help with the XSLT language itself, here are a number
    of useful resources:"

With pointers to:
   - list dedicated to help on XSLT/XPath
   - the FAQ
   - On-line tutorial, books

Your irony is a bit misplaced I think. The information is there, at
the place you should have looked for (xsltproc command line tool usage
help states "To report bugs and get help: http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/bugs.html";).
If you don't want to read, you won't learn. Sure it may look simpler
for you to just ask here, but it's like asking on the gcc list because
your C code doesn't do what you expect, it's not the right level, it's
not the right place. Makes sense ?