Re: [xslt] patch - xsltAttrListTemplateProcess

On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 07:27:24AM -0700, Mark Vakoc wrote:
> >   Yes I understand. I understand also that it may not be trivial at all to
> > reproduce on an independant test case. One debugging step which may be added
> > to libxml2 is a tree construct checking debugging, like a non-verbose version
> > of xmlDebugDumpxxx routines of debugXML.c but with just the PBM: checks and
> > output parts. Running those checks when doing debugging (for example when
> > freeing tree parts) might catch such problems. That should be investigated
> > that can probably be done relatively easilly, and may lead to interesting
> > results.
>
> I think that would be a good idea, and we could introduce 'checked' builds that
> would call the checking APIs in critical spots, for example in xmlFreeDoc
>
> #ifdef LIBXML_CHECKED_BUILD
>   valid = xmlDebugCheckDoc(cur);
> #endif

  yes I was thinking of something like that

> Other than checking a node's document pointers what else can you think of that
> should be validated?  The only things I can think of are:
>  * a node's xmlNs declaration exists in the same document and is declared on an
> ancestor node

  yes good one.

>  * a nodes last, next, prev pointers are all valid

  already done in the debug module.

>  * nodes have the have appropriate members set correctly (i.e. a text node has
> valid node->content, doesn't have children, etc.)

  the set in that module is good already.

> On an unrelated node would you have an objection to adding a unsigned long
> member to the xmlNode struct?  I plan on implementing the xmldiff capability
> along the lines of Microsoft's program and this member would be used to hold a

  diff would be cool, I was hoping for this for a long time

> hash of the node for quick comparisions.  The hash for a node is generated by
> the node's content including it's children.  I suppose I could use _private but
> would prefer to keep that available outside the library.

  You won't need line number for that diff, right ? then reuse them
if you can hash only on element and text nodes, then you can use
the 2 shorts line and extra.
  I'm very reluctant to allocate 4 more bytes per nodes, this hurts...