Re: [xslt] Support of lang on xsl:sort

On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 01:01:45PM +0200, Jirka Kosek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to find some documentation about using different sort orders in
> the libxslt, but I was completely unsuccessful.
>
> Can xsltproc use locale provided by underlying OS when there is language
> specified in lang attribute?

  by default no. Depending on the locale is IMHO an abomination, and the
I18N zillion different sort depending on the language is also an
abomination, plus the only current implementation (ICU) is a pig
5 times larger than libxslt/xsltproc itself. Eek, no ...

> It is possible to supply my own collation implementation?

  At the libxslt level, yes. See xsltutils.h:
XSLTPUBFUN void XSLTCALL
                xsltSetSortFunc                 (xsltSortFunc handler);
XSLTPUBFUN void XSLTCALL
                xsltSetCtxtSortFunc             (xsltTransformContextPtr ctxt,
                                                 xsltSortFunc handler);
XSLTPUBFUN void XSLTCALL
                xsltDefaultSortFunction         (xsltTransformContextPtr ctxt,
                                                 xmlNodePtr *sorts,
                                                 int nbsorts);
  and the example code to use it to plug ITU in
   examples/xsltICUSort.c
in the source distribution.