[xslt] XSLT 2.0

I imagine this is a not-uncommon question, but looking through the archive, I don't see it recently.

What are the plans for XSLT 2.0 support at this point?

I'm working on a project using XSLT 2.0*, and while I don't much like the tie-in with XML Schema, there are other features that are really useful for what I'm doing (temporary trees, user-defined functions, the document stuff, and grouping being the most obvious). Would be nice at some point in the not-too-distant future to be able to run the stylesheets using libxslt.

Also, I did some mention of language-based sorting.  What came of this?

Bruce

* The project is an advanced bibliographic and citation processing framework for XML documents. It currently works with DocBook NG, but in the future I'd like to see it incorporated into OpenOffice as well.