Re: [xslt] patch - xsltAttrListTemplateProcess

[Cc'ing to xml gnome org list since this affects libxml2 mostly]

On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 02:30:37AM -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 04:54:41PM -0700, Mark Vakoc wrote:
> > parent set to target but the doc set to ctxt->output, which may not be the same
> > as the target->doc.  As an attribute's document and the attribute's parent
[...]
>   Yes I understand. I understand also that it may not be trivial at all to
> reproduce on an independant test case. One debugging step which may be added
> to libxml2 is a tree construct checking debugging, like a non-verbose version
> of xmlDebugDumpxxx routines of debugXML.c but with just the PBM: checks and
> output parts. Running those checks when doing debugging (for example when
> freeing tree parts) might catch such problems. That should be investigated
> that can probably be done relatively easilly, and may lead to interesting
> results.

  I just did that. There is a new configure option:
      --with-run-debug        add the runtime debugging module (off)
which is off by default and if turned on add tree checking each time
you free a document tree. The set of checkings done can be extended
(like verifying UTF-8 text node content and more structure checks),
but right now I have been focusing on the integration and fixing the
errors this raised. I fixed the problem found in libxml2 regression
tests, and still have to clean up the issues showing up in libxslt
regression tests. But this is already useful, I found a few hidden
but real issues in the libs already. Check the beginning of debugXML.c
in libxml2 to see the checking code. Patches for improvement of the
checking rules are welcome. I may open the API to allow checking of
a subtree too.