[xslt] error LNK2020: unresolved token (0A00000F) ??_7type_info@@6B@

Hello,
          I am linking to libxslt and friends statically in my Visual
Studio .Net project. When I use,

* Runtime Multi-threaded Debug DLL(/MDd): I can compile and generate
the binary file. Which works as per expectations only on the same
development machine.

But for distribution I want to compile it with,
* Runtime Multi-threaded DLL(/MD)
with this change compilation goes fine but I get following link time
error,

error LNK2020: unresolved token (0A00000F) ??_7type_info@@6B@
fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

I tried to google for this problem but could not get anything useful.
Please suggest me a way to pinpoint and get rid of this problem.

My work environment,
Windows XP Professional Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1 Build 2600,
Visual Studio .Net
Microsoft Development Environment 2002 Version 7.0.9466
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0 Version 1.0.3705

-Utkarsh