[xslt] multilple output documents

I'd like to generate multiple output documemts with xsltproc via
xsl:document. My xml document has a section element, on which the
document should be split. This section element can be used recursively -
that means a section can be in a section and so on.

All works fine with something like <xsl:document href="{@id}.html">. But
I want to send the output into a subdir "out". For the "highest"
sections everything's ok but for all "lower" sections I get error
messages like the following;

runtime error: file ../../xsl/test.xsl line 63 element document
xsltDocumentElem: unable to save to out/out/dok-c01-11-03.htm
no result for test.xml

What's the problem?

Thanks in advance.

--