Re: [xslt] nsbp and utf-8

Hi Tom,

Tom <astra@uni-paderborn.de> wrote:
> I have a stylesheet with utf-8 encoding and nbsp characters in it:
>
> <!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [<!ENTITY nbsp "&#160;">]>
> <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
> version="1.0">
>
> The resulting output is displayed as "?" for each nbsp in mozilla (1.6) and
> IE (when encoding is set to utf-8).
>
> How do I get my spaces in utf-8 ?

I don't the see the problem, perhaps I just don't understand what the real
question is.

To get your question better understood, you should have attached a small
complete example.

Find attached a small example, where a nbsp entity is defined and used in a
stylesheet. In the output file a numeric entity is written, so the question
of encoding doesn't arise.

What's different in your case?

Regards,
Peter Jacobi