Re: [xslt] xsltproc return code under some conditions

On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 07:21:44PM +0900, Mike Hommey wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 05:00:42PM -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> >   Well the XPath data model asks to substitute entities references before
> > processing the resource. But is you ask for --nonet, implicitely you ask
> > to override that rule somewhat. Hard to tell how it should be handled
> > from a conformance POV, it's not a well-formedness error, and XSLT doesn't
> > care about validity errors. Since XML-1.0 doesn't define any other kind
> > of conformance level it's a grey area IMHO.
>
> The thing is that the behaviour is the same with --nonet or if the DTD
> can't be loaded for any reason. In the latter case, you don't
> implicitely ask to forget entities substitutions. Now the question is,
> should xsltproc consider that as a fatal error ?

  I don't think so. It means your input is slightly different from
what the XPath data model requires, but processing can still go forward.
I would take enhancement patches if they don't modify the existing default
behaviour.

> Also note that --nonet option might be used for "safety" (i.e. being 100%

  Sure, but this is independant of the processing model.