Re: [xslt] Spurious error calling document()

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 07:56:40AM +0200, Vaclav Barta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the attached stylesheet declares (and uses) a variable:
> 	<xsl:variable name="dynamic"
> 		select="document('http://localhost/cgi-bin/small.cgi')"/>
>
> On my computer, http://localhost/cgi-bin/small.cgi is a valid URL generated by
> the small.cgi script (also attached). But, when I try to use the stylesheet
> (with ``xsltproc small.xsl small1.xml''), xsltproc complaints:
> xmlNanoHTTPConnectAttempt: Error connecting to remote host - Connection
> refused
>
> - and then it prints the correct result (including data from localhost). :-O
>
> It might seem a small thing, but I suspect the error indication is confusing
> LibXSLT (the Perl binding for libxslt), which fails outright. What is causing
> the error message, and how do I get rid of it?

  Well, can't you make the debugging yourself ? Use gdb,
put a breakpoint in xmlNanoHTTPConnectAttempt and see what's happening.
This is likely to be related to your configuration, or missing data,
or something else, check your server logs, there is a zillion things
you could do to make a better analysis by yourself and report only the bug
not the symptoms in a comlex configuration.