"Re: [xslt] Apply stylesheet to a subbranch of a document"

Hi Daniel,

> Daniel Veillard wrote:
>

>>  Well try the function modification, we will put a big warning in the API
>>description

This mail refers to this initial mail:
   http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xslt/2003-September/msg00019.html

We modified xsltApplyStylesheetInternal to provide the ability to apply
a stylesheet to a subbranch of a document. It worked well by simply
changing the initial context node. But we ended up wondering why the
heck we should mess with the specs. Originally I was influenced by the
behaviour of the m$xml 4 parser on that issue. IOW: keep it as it is; we
will find an other way.
Anyway, thanks for the discussion!

By the way: serializing documents took long time if using functions like
xmlDocDumpFormatMemoryEnc, until we discovered that serializing directly
to file was way faster (by the factor of 50 sometimes). I know that
there was a message about this issue already somewhere on the list; so
this is just a hint for those who transform huge documents and process
further with the resulting xml-text. We did a workaround by serializing
to file and then reloading the document.

Greetings,

Kasimier Buchcik