Re: [xslt] xsltproc docbook and user.header.navigation handling

Shaun,
Thanks for the quick reply!

>I don't know why this ever worked, but it's wrong.

I tried changing to an earlier version of libxml/libxslt ("Using libxml
20410, libxslt 10009 and libexslt 702")
and it worked .

>What you want is to disable output escaping on a text node.  You can use
>the disable-output-escaping attributes on xsl:text for this.  So:
>
><xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">
><![CDATA[<table>]>
></xsl:text>

Actually I tried this. And *still* got the "wrong" output. What I got was
&lt;table&gt;

>And now I have to tell you never to use disable-output-escaping.  It's a
>horrible hack, and it's very fragile.  I presume that you're intending
>to have some unbalanced tags in user.header.navigation, and that you're
>balancing them out in user.footer.navigation.

Yes, exactly

> The clean and correct way
>of handling this is to override chunk-element-content (assuming this is
>Norm's XSLT).

I am using norms xsl sheets ( docbook-xsl-1.60.1 ). Do you have a brief
example of how I would accomplish this using the technique you
described? Thanks a bunch!

Cheers

Jim