Re: Re[2]: [xslt] xsltproc & xinclude & entites

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 01:54:27PM +0300, Lev Serebryakov wrote:
> Hello Morus,
>
> Thursday, November 20, 2003, 11:53:14 AM, you wrote:
>
> MW> I guess it's libxmls fault.
> MW> This works for me using libxml 20511, libxslt 10033 and libexslt 722
> MW> xsltproc --xinclude style.xslt s.xml
> MW>   This is entity: Some long string
> MW> So something seems to be broken in libxml 2.6.x
>  I don't think it is libxml, because `xmllint --xinclude --noent'
>  produce PROPER output in both cases. And result of TRANSFORMATION is
>  invalid in second case :(

  Can you bugzilla this, under libxslt ?

  I think I know where this comes from:
    - xsltproc doesn't rely on a libxml2 global variable setting to
      load the external subset
    - the flag is instead passed to xmlReadxxx interface as a parser option
      (it's far cleaner, xsltproc works exactly as libxslt in isolation)
    - however when processing an XInclude the flags needed for XSLT
      to load the external subset and replace entities with their content
      is not set anymore to the parser doing the XInclude processing.

Unfortunately this requires an API change, it seems the cleaner is to
add a new API to XInclude specifying the processor flags needed by the
application.
At some point XInclude will be processed directly by the XML parser and
this problem will go away, but I'm waiting for XInclude to be come a
W3C Recommendation before doing so,