Re: [xslt] libxsl.py and RTLD_*

On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 06:20:29PM -0600, Albert Chin wrote:
> I've built the libxml and libxslt Python modules on Solaris, IRIX,
> HP-UX, and Tru65 UNIX. libxslt.py has this annoying habit of
>   libxslt could not guess RTLD_GLOBAL and RTLD_NOW on this platform: [blah]

  I will remove the error message

> What's the logic behind this? Why doesn't libxsl.py try importing
> libxml2mod, libxsltmod, libxml2 and then reverting to fallback
> methods? It does this only if:
>   if not hasattr(sys,'getdlopenflags'):

  problem is code doing
   import libxslt; <= import copy of the libxml2 shared lib
   import libxml2; <= import another copy of the shared lib

and some global variables in the lib are suddenly not the same for equality
test, and this can become a real big problem. Shared libs must be shared
hence trying to force RTLD_GLOBAL