Re: [xslt] output escaping (again!)

Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 23, 2003 at 06:07:34PM -0500, Bruce Miller wrote:
>>Here's a simpler example to get to the point:
>>  (4) data:text/plain,Hello
>>  (5) data:text/plain%2CHello
>>
>>Case (4) is valid, but libxml won't let me create it.
>

>   As I say and repeat, it's fixed in CVS.

Yes, the particular case of "," is -- and I appreciate that.
But not the general case, which would be solved by _not_
escaping _any_ non-ascii.

I sense I'm annoying you by continuing, but I'm just asking
for clarification:
  Why do you feel that libxml should automatically
escape any of the reserved characters at all?

[  It would seem that given str:encode-uri (in libxslt, and
something similar in libxml), the programmer (stylesheet
designer,...) can do the encoding exactly where (and only
where) needed.]