Re: [xslt] Extensions

On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 02:06:57PM -0000, spinmar@interfree.it wrote:

> Daniel,
>
> I suppose I'm making some errors.
>
> I have included
>
> xmlns:date="http://exslt.org/dates-and-times"; extension-element-prefixes="date"
>
> then
>
> <xsl:variable name="secondi">
> 	<xsl:value-of select="date:second-in-minute()"/>
> </xsl:variable>
>
> I obtain the following error:
>
> xmlXPathCompOpEval: function second-in-minute not found
> XPath error Unregistered function in date:second-in-minute()
> xmlXPathCompiledEval: evaluation failed

  Incomplete report.

> What's my mistake?

  Come on !!! Why on earth do you think I know your error ???
You don't even provide a full example :-(
You get pointed to the example. xsltproc should work on this example,
is this the case ? if yes then you made a mistake on copying or something
else is happening  (are you using xsltproc ? on what platform ?).
The trend of just dropping some code on the mailing-list asking for others
to debug your errors without researching them is a pain ! That extension
function is defined at exslt.org , there is certainly an example. There is
an example in libxslt regression test. We don't know your environment,
why it is failing, and you do not give any information about this.
I'm fine helping when a bug is being identified and properly reported,
but I disagree with the feeling that I'm a free labour that so much easier
to grab than doing your homework. There are guidelines for  getting help
  http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/bugs.html
 I don't have time to debug other people code, I have enough work maintaining
libxml and libxslt, and I don't want the few cycles left to work on them
to be lost in request which could be solved with little work on the requester
part or on incomplete reports. So please do your homework, this function
should work with xsltproc per the regression test. Debugging is like any
other skill, it's a matter of learning to do it, and being logical enough
to reduce the possibilities at each step. Again I can't debug other people
code. Please consider that what I wrote on the aforementionned page is there
of a reason, and ignoring it just frustrates me intensely !