Re: [xslt] still problems with python bindings

On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 02:43:19PM +0100, Markus Jais wrote:
> hello
>
> I still have problems with the python bindings for libxslt
>
> I tried older  libxslt versions (1.0.25) and newer python versions.
>
> libxml works fine but the same process fails for libxslt:
>
> configure output for libxslt :
>
>    Found python in /usr/local/
>    ./configure: /usr/local/: is a directory
>    Found Python version
>    Found libxml2-python module
>

> with libxml the module is install and configure says that it finds
> python version 2.3 (or whatever version used)
>
> configure output for libxml 2.5.3
>
>    Found python in /usr/local//bin/python
>    Found Python version 2.3
>

> so maybe this is a bug in the configure script for libxslt

It most definitly is! Daniel, the libxslt Configure script
reads the value given to '--with-python' into '$with_python'
and then does:

     if test -x "$with_python"

which tests  for existance _and_ executability of the value
(so i assume it looks for the python executable). The documentation
(./configure --help) says something different:

  --with-python=DIR    Build Python bindings if found
                ^^^^

Workarround: give the full path to the python executable to '--with-python'.

 hth Ralf Mattes

hth Ralf Mattes