Re: [xslt] Re: [xml] down, mirrors?

On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 01:04:11PM +0200, Bernhard Zwischenbrugger wrote:
> In the case of libxml2-python I want to do it the same way.

  libxml2-python is built when you build from a tarball too.
The problem is that you don't have the python-devel package
and hence it's impossible to compile python bindings on that
machine. libxml2 configure detects that and don't build the
bindings as a result. The rpm source build also detect this
and refuse to continue.

daniel@httpserver:~> rpm --rebuild ftp/libxml2-2.5.10-1.src.rpm
Installing ftp/libxml2-2.5.10-1.src.rpm
error: failed build dependencies:
        python-devel is needed by libxml2-2.5.10-1
daniel@httpserver:~> rpm -q python
   and the distutil based build also complain for the same thing
but in a more obscure manner:

> distutils.errors.DistutilsPlatformError: invalid Python installation: unable to
> open /usr/lib/python2.2/config/Makefile (No such file or directory)

Daniel Veillard      | Red Hat Network  | libxml GNOME XML XSLT toolkit | Rpmfind RPM search engine