Re: [xslt] Possible bug in libxslt HTMl serialization

On Sun, Oct 27, 2002 at 04:10:01PM -0500, Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:
> % xsltproc xhtmltohtml.xsl http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1
>
> Here's the beginning of the output:

> <head>
>
> Notice the double lang attribute at the top. The second one has lost the
[...]
> Changing the output method to xml does fix the problem; i.e. you get
> separate lang and xml:lang attributes.
>
> Since the HTML output method isn't fully specified it's arguable that
> both xsltproc and Saxon are correct here. However, my gut is that the
> double lang attribute has to be considered a mistake, and that even in
> the html output method libxslt should be retaining the xml prefix.

  yeah, currently the HTML serialization is quite "stupid" basically it
doesn't even look at the namespace informations found in the "infoset".
If you have an namespaced node in the tree given to the HTML serializer
it simply ignores the namespace informations. Maybe I should fix that,
whe I initially implemented the serializer I really didn't intend this
kind of usage. Similary an XHTML serializer should be added to the API.
If someone wants me to fix this simply log them as enhancement/bug fix
requests in Bugzilla and I will get at them at some point.