Re: [xslt] [ENHANCEMENT REQUEST] give URI Resolver hooks in Python API access to per-invocation data

On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 01:08:13PM -0400, Craeg K Strong wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I have finally gotten a chance to try out the new resolver hook:
>
>          libxml2.setEntityLoader(myResolver)
>
> This is a good start: I would like to propose an enhancement that
> would give the resolver function access to per-invocation data.
[...]
> Of the two, I believe (A) is the more powerful approach, but
> (B) is equally acceptable, and might be easier to implement.

  I don't think I understand.
  I don't see why you can't build the wrapper class around the
functionnality in your code around the existing API.

  If you can make patches I can understand then I may apply them.

> Also, I am not clear on how multiple invocations of
> setEntityLoader() will work.  Will each new invocation

 The resolver is a global variable. if you call it twice
you just override the global variable.

> cause the old resolver to be replaced with the new, passed-in
> one?  That would be the preferred behavior.

  yes

> PS   Should I log this in bugzilla?

  Well I won't understand it better there than here. First would be
for me to really undertstand what you're after and if it's possible,