Re: [xslt] Non-existent variable => error?

Hi there,

> According to the documentation
> (http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/html/libxslt-transform.html#XSLTAPPLYSTYLESHEET)
>
> xsltApplyStylesheet
> Returns : the result document or NULL in case of error
>
> I guess this only means that
> return NULL => an error occurred
> but not
> an error occurred => return NULL

Eh? May the Lord strike me down if I understod what you mean :-) I thought
the documentation pretty clear. If an error occurs during its execution, the
function will return NULL.

> and the handler set by xsltSetGenericErrorFunc
> (unfortunately a global....) is the only way to know
> if an error actually occurred?

No, precisely the fact that the function returned NULL is telling you that
an error has occured.

Ciao
Igor