Re: [xslt] xsltproc changes unicode to nonsense

Hi Paul,

I stumbled across this thread during my coffee break,
and can give a hint, which possibly resolves your problems
(as an alternative to the   solution).

> I thought I could pick any unicode character, and a browser would have
> to represent it. I understand that not all browsers can handle every
> single unicode character, but I thought that if a browser couldn't
> handle a character, it would output a "?".

The problem is to tell the browser, that the HTML document is
encoded in UTF-8, especially when opening documents
as files (in contrast to to HTTP):

This you can achieve by putting a meta tag in the header:

Regards,
Peter Jacobi