Re: [xslt] libxslt build problems on linux-alpha?

> [...]
    >>
    >> I'm running a make check on libxslt-1.0.18, linux,  Alpha platform.
    >> The diff output of the following isn't in my i386 build.
    >>
    >> dbtail
    >> decoy
    >> 156c156
    >> <   <crazy>
    >> ---
    >> >   <row>
    >> 164c164
    >> <   </crazy>
    >> ---
    >> >   </row>
    >> 426c426
    >> <   <crazy>
    >> ---
    >> >   <row>
    >> 434c434
    >> <   </crazy>
    >> ---
    >> >   </row>
    >> 696c696
    >> <   <crazy>
    >> ---
    >> >   <row>
    >> 704c704
    >> <   </crazy>
    >> ---
    >> >   </row>
    >> depth
    >> encrypt
    >> functions
    >>

    >> <snip>
    >>

    >> number
    >> oddtemplate
    >> patterns
    >> 156c156
    >> <   <crazy>
    >> ---
    >> >   <row>
    >> 164c164
    >> <   </crazy>
    >> ---
    >> >   </row>
    >> 426c426
    >> <   <crazy>
    >> ---
    >> >   <row>
    >> 434c434
    >> <   </crazy>
    >> ---
    >> >   </row>
    >> 696c696
    >> <   <crazy>
    >> ---
    >> >   <row>
    >> 704c704
    >> <   </crazy>
    >> ---
    >> >   </row>
    >> prettyprint
    >> priority
    >>

    >> <snip>
    >>

    >> gyearmonth.2.xml
    >> seconds.1.xml
    >> 35c35
    >> < result  : -2006054656
    >> ---
    >> > result  : -6.21355968e+10
    >> 37c37
    >> < result  : -2037590656
    >> ---
    >> > result  : -6.21671328e+10
    >> seconds.2.xml
    >> time.1.xml
    >>

    >> Does this indicate a bug?.  When you need more info I'll happily
    >> provide it.

    Daniel>   possibly, are you using the latest libxml2 version ?

2.4.22 is the latest, isn't it?

    [geertk@thor libxslt]$ xml2-config --version
    2.4.22

Maybe the following compiler warnings have to do with the problem.

On i386 my only warnings are:

    xsltutils.c: In function `xsltSaveResultToString':
    xsltutils.c:1070: warning: unused variable `ret'

On alpha:

    xsltutils.c: In function `xsltPrintErrorContext':
    xsltutils.c:312: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
    xsltutils.c:315: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
    xsltutils.c:318: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
    xsltutils.c: In function `xsltSaveResultToString':
    xsltutils.c:1070: warning: unused variable `ret'
    pattern.c: In function `xsltTestCompMatch':
    pattern.c:607: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
    pattern.c:696: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
    pattern.c:742: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
    pattern.c:746: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
    pattern.c:796: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
    pattern.c:798: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
    pattern.c:809: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
    pattern.c:845: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
    pattern.c:849: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
    pattern.c:891: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
    pattern.c:893: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
    imports.c: In function `xsltParseStylesheetInclude':
    imports.c:172: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
    transform.c: In function `xsltDefaultProcessOneNode':
    transform.c:774: warning: `cur' might be used uninitialized in this function
    transform.c:775: warning: `oldSize' might be used uninitialized in this function
    transform.c:776: warning: `oldPos' might be used uninitialized in this function

Geert