[xslt] Questions regarding writing XSLT extension functions

Hello everyone,

i have two questions regarding XSLT extension functions:

 - the first parameter to 'xsltRegisterExtFunction()' - does
   this mean that i need to provide an transformer context myself,
   i.e. i can't use xsltApplyStylesheet()?

 - I need to access application data from within the extension function.
   Where would be the best place to put it in? I see that the xsltTransformContext
   has a '_private' field -- does this mean 'private and for  me' or 'private, reserved
   for Daniel :-) ?

BTW, i tried to use xsltRegisterExtModule() but this doesn't seem to work.

   Ralf Mattes