[xslt] double parse xincludes?

It is nice that xsltproc handles XIncludes.
But I understand the inclusion takes place *after*
the including document has been validated, no?
That means the included content is not validated.
How hard would it be to add an option to xsltproc
to reparse after the inclusions?

This would be useful where XInclude is used to break up
large XML documents into modular components, as say,
chapter files for a book.  That can be done with system
entities, but a system entity is not a valid document on
its own since it cannot have a <DOCTYPE> declaration.  An
XInclude'd document can have a <DOCTYPE> and be validated
as a module.  But I would also like to validate the
including document (the book) when it is processed.

                                            email: bobs@caldera.com