[xslt] Re: [xml] Text-Entities and Namespaces?

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 09:45:21AM +0100, Morus Walter wrote:
> Daniel Veillard writes:
> >   This is a libxml2 bug. In theory, entities should be handled as pure
[...]
> It's ok for me, if you don't fix it (at least for my current usage).
> Since one can declare the namespace in the entity itself it's easy to work
> around.
> OTOH this might be considered a compatibility issue (stylesheets developed
> for other xslt engines might break when one switches to libxslt).

  Right, it is.

> Above all I suggest to document such an issue
> (preferable both for libxml and libxslt).
> If you think bugzilla is the right place for this I can enter bug reports
> (basically my mail and your answer), but if this going to be a long term
> issue, it might be better to add a 'known bugs' section to the docu and/or
> manpages also (I'd volunteer for adding this issue).

  Well the doc is generated from xml.html and xslt.html and site.xsl
in both project. Patch welcome, yes. I would probably have to add other
well know issues like Namespace nodes having no parents.

> As far as bugzilla is concerned, it might be a good idea to provide
> links to list of open bugs only instead of all, from the libxml
> web pages.

  I used to point to non-closed bugs. As a result people were resubmitting
closed problems from older versions. I personally use the following:

http://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?product=libxml&product=libxslt&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&email1=&emailtype1=substring&emailassigned_to1=1&emailreporter1=1&emailcc1=1&emaillongdesc1=1&email2=&emailtype2=substring&emailassigned_to2=1&emailreporter2=1&emailcc2=1&emaillongdesc2=1&changedin=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&short_desc=&short_desc_type=substring&long_desc=&long_desc_type=substring&bug_file_loc=&bug_file_loc_type=substring&status_whiteboard=&status_whiteboard_type=substring&keywords=&keywords_type=anywords&op_sys_details=&op_sys_details_type=substring&version_details=&version_details_type=substring&cmdtype=doit&newqueryname=&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&form_name=query

  Scary but works for me :-)