Re: [xslt] xsltproc options

On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 03:18:28PM +0100, camille wrote:
> [please Cc: me as i did not subscribe]
>
> hi,
>
> just tested xsltproc under Linux 2.4.16 glibc 2.2.4 (Mandrake Cooker).
> It appears to work really fine, but it seems some options have no
> effect, notably:
> --repeat
> --novalid # What's the exact effect of that option?

  When used with -o (update posted on a second post) yes there is
no user visible difference.

  As the doc explains:
    http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/xsltproc2.html

   --repeat: run the transformation 20 times

That should be pretty clear. If using -o the output is directed to
a file so --repeat simply writes the file(s) 20 times and the only user
visible option is that it should take nearly 20 times longer...

    --novalid: skip the Dtd loading phase

XPath processing requires to open the DTD associated to the document
being transformed (if available) for example to extend the data model with
defaulted attributes, etc... Using this option (not recommneded unless
having a good reason) avois this phase and the XML processor does not
load the DTD associated with the document.
If you are doing DocBook processing or similar document handling it's
really not a good idea to use it.