Re: [xslt] Again: `fixed point' for compiled XSLT?

On Sun, Dec 22, 2002 at 04:29:49PM +0300, Lev Serebryakov wrote:
> Hello, xslt! How are you?
>
> >  When I parse XSLT and then perform transformation with it, XSLT may
> >  changed in memory.

  You assert that like if it was true. It's not.

> > Is it possible to ``compile'' parsed XSLT, that
> >  it will not change anymore?

  The API and tutorial makes 100% clear that there is a compilation
phase, and a separated applying phase. Did you even bother reading
those ? Seems not, so I dodn't bothered replying to your email.

> >  I know, here is no such API call (or I could not find it?), but is
> >  it possible theoretically? Maybe, XSLT changes on _every_
> >  application? Or it only have some parts, which are compiled `on
> >  demand' and it is possible to compile all these parts?
>
>   Could somebody, familiar with libxslt internals, says, is it real or
>   not? Is stylesheet changing on EVERY applying or not?

  the stylesheet is not modified when applied.
Look at the API, read the doc, and check the code if you don't believe it's
true
     http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/internals.html