Re: [xslt] Question: How to register a URIResolver for xslt/Python bindings?

On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 12:17:29AM -0400, Craeg K Strong wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I am integrating libxslt_py with my Zope application, and I want
> to be able to use URI resolution to resolve things like:
>
> xsl:import("urn:arielpartners:foo/bar/sheet1.xsl")
[...]
> Here was my idea:  What if I subclass "catalog" and override
> the resolve() method?
>
> Will the libxml machinery call my method for catalog resolution?

  Problem is taht currently the resolver Plug-in API is not exported
at the python level.

> Has anyone done this kind of thing before?

  In C, yes I think for example Matt Sergeant did some work to be able
to control the resolution mechanism from Perl in the XML::LibXML module.
Exporting the resolver API to the python level should not be very hard,
please log an enhancement request in the bugzilla database so I don't
loose track of it.