Re: [xslt] ANN: TclDOM v2.2 and TclXSLT v2.2

Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 10:28:42AM +1000, Steve Ball wrote:
>
>>Also included in the TclXSLT package is tclxsltproc,
>>a value-added application that emulates xsltproc,
>>but allows extensions.
>
>   Thanks for maintaining those wrappers !

No worries!

> BTW did you had any specific troubles implementing Tcl based extensions ?

Getting the C, XSLT and Tcl code setup so that the extension
is actually called seemed like voodoo at first, but works
just fine now.

At the moment everything gets passed through the interface
as strings, but I'm planning on preserving type information
in a future release.  This will be especially important
when I implement extension elements.  NB. Tcl the scripting
language has no typing, so strings are just fine, but at
the C level Tcl has plenty of type support.

Also, I'm not 100% sure that the Unicode string handling
is correct - further testing is required.  Note that
Tcl already has significant support for Unicode, and the work
necessary to handle those characters gets duplicated when
libxml2 parses the XML passed by Tcl.  Doesn't seem to be
much I can do about that :-( but it is not a very significant
overhead.

Cheers,
Steve Ball

--
Steve Ball            |   XSLT Standard Library   | Training & Seminars
Zveno Pty Ltd         |     Web Tcl Complete      |   XML XSL Schemas