[xslt] Thread safe?

Greetings,
We are writing a software library and would like to
integrate libxslt into it. One of the requirement of
the library is to be thread safe and that seems to be
a problem when integrating libxslt because:
1. as we need to

call xmlInitParser() in the "main" thread before using
any of the libxml API

we would need to force the use of such a function in
"main" for our library.

2. the error catching function and user variable
(xmlGenericErrorContext) are globals... this is really
a problem because in our library the error catching is
done independently for each object

Is there any way to work around these problems (using
a user defined context??) without changing our own
objec model?
BTW has anybody tried libxslt in a threaded envt? for
example embedded in a COM object?

Thanks for your help!

Jerome Pesenti
Chief Scientist