Re: [xslt] libexslt duration

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 11:19:02PM -0600, Charles Bozeman wrote:
> Daniel,

  Hi Charlie,

> This (rather large) patch adds duration routines to the date exslt
> extensions. There are only 3 date-time routines that are yet to be
> implemented (format-date, parse-date, and sum), but I don't know if I
> will have to time to write them. I will package up the duration specific
> test scripts and send them later.
> This code might be of some use in the xml schema types you are
> implementing. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

  Okay, first I applied the patch, I just got a few warnings:
-------------
../libxslt/xsltconfig.h:76:1: warning: "WITH_DEBUGGER" redefined
../config.h:12:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
In file included from date.c:28:
../config.h:12:1: warning: "WITH_DEBUGGER" redefined
../libxslt/xsltconfig.h:76:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
------------
  those are related to the recent changes w.r.t. WITH_DEBUGGER I need to track
them down, they are just annoying.

-------------
date.c: In function `exsltDateParseDuration':
date.c:950: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
date.c:964: warning: declaration of `mult' shadows previous local
date.c:970: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
date.c:974: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
-------------

  Those are tied to your code, doesn't sounds a big deal, but ...

  Now considering Schemas, YES, I will need help on the datatype parts,
it's being inserted as part of libxml2, the module is xmlschemastypes.c
it is for the moment really basic, just the strict minimum necessary to
not get errors on the few tests cases I have used so far. For example
at the date level it handles only the date lexical space checking and doesn't
map it into a value, nor have the routines associated to the canonical
representations nor support for all the associated datatypes like time,
duration, etc ... It would definitely make sense to keep the core routines
in libxml2 export them and have them used by the Schemas code if compiled in
and by libexslt on top of it too.

  But so far doing it at the libexslt level is fine as long as only
XSLT related entry points are made public, so that at some point those
can be migrated in the underlying lib.

  thanks !