[xslt] Variable setting with libxslt, possible API features, and, update of xsldbg

Hi all,

At this point I've mentioned my thoughts on the
break point API for basic break point setting. It
would be good to be also be able to change
variables when running a debugger session. I
think it's a bit tricky, so I ask for suggestions
on what could be used to achieve changing
variables. An algorith would be great but some
hints would be good. Otherwise its difficult to
define that API interface if there is no clear
method of achieving this. :-(

I also think it worthing considering if the
libxslt library would support "watching"
variable, and setting conditions on the "break
points". The first I think is outside the scope
of the libxslt library. The latter , I'm not
sure?

I've now removed the patched library from the my
web site. And posted updates to xslbg 0.5
The files are

http://www4.tpgi.com.au/users/k_isdale/xsldbg/libx
ml2-2.4.3_ki.diff
http://www4.tpgi.com.au/users/k_isdale/xsldbg/libx
slt-1.0.3_ki.diff
http://www4.tpgi.com.au/users/k_isdale/xsldbg/xsld
bg-0.5.tar.gz

The major changes to the libxml patch are that
debugXML.c has now got
   long xmlGetLineNo(xmlNodePtr node)

The major changes to the libxslt patch are in
  breakpoint.c where a "breakpoint number" is
used whereever possible to simplify usage and get
better efficiencies.
int xslAddBreakPoint(xmlChar *fileName, int
lineNumber)
int xslDeleteBreakPoint(int breakPointNumber)
xslFindBreakPoint(xmlChar *fileName, int
lineNumber)
xslEnableBreakPoint(int breakPointNumber, int
enable)
xslLookupBreakPoint(int breakPointNumber )
xslIsBreakPointNode(xmlNodePtr node)
xslIsBreakPoint(xmlChar *fileName, int lineNumber)

Call stack methods should be changed to follow
the same style of parameters and have a method
that returns the "callStack" object.

bye,

Keith Isdale