Re: [xslt] XPath weirdness

On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 12:58:27PM +0200, robert wrote:
> I'm observing the following with the latest libxml/libxslt versions.
> <xsl:template match="categorynode[@catid = $catid]">
>   <xsl:variable name="test" select="(parent::*)//categorynode[@catid = $catid]"/>

  Dunno, use testXPath from libxml distribution to understand what's
happening. I don't even understand what the expresssion is supposed
to do.
  Basically if you want me to debug something simplifying it to the
point where running one of the test programs I provides allows to exhibit
the bug and an explanation of what is wrong is the only way for me to handle
this fast.

  Use testXPath on a document, fragment the expression until you find
the subset which is giving troubles and I will fix it in a timely fashion.