[xslt] one more time...but a solution -> single quot in param

Okay, it seems we are cornered by this seemingly narly
little problem.  If you use double quotes on the
outside, you can use bash (or shell) variables and you
can escape characters with a \  However, if you do

quot="'"

--param foo "'He${quot}s up to something'"

Bash says, cool cool!, but the processor still views
it as

'He's up to something'
---^

So, here is my quick and dirty...use the double quotes
on the outside, then, replace all double quotes with
\" and all single quotes with \` (tic) and then when
you get into the xslt stylesheet, do a translate ` for
' and you are set!!!

Dan