Re: [xslt] Re: xslt digest, Vol 1 #70 - 1 msg

 >> Most global variables are set once (as far as I can tell), usually
 >> at initialization, so you can either initialize while not yet
 >> multi-threaded, or initialize (once) from a mutex-protected piece of
 >> code (which is what I do).
 >okay, well if that's what they're used for [once-only info] then yes of
 >course i'm happy.

Someone pointed out (on xml@gnome.org), quite correctly, that some globals
are set per-session, which means you still can be in trouble if you want
thread X to do something (produce warnings, for example) which thread Y
shouldn't.

As long as you're happy with the defaults (I am), or can use the same
settings for every thread, you won't get in trouble (taking into account
still that initialization should be mutex'ed).

                                                                    robert