Re: [xslt] Release of libxslt-0.12.0

>   This version include a number of serious bug fixes and a few enhancements.
> Please note that it requires the upgrade to libxml-2.3.11 and that if you
> upgrade to libxml-2.3.11 you should also upgrade to libxslt-0.12.0 .
>
>  - fixed a dozen of bugs reported
>  - HTML generation should be quite better (requires libxml-2.3.11 upgrade too)
>  - William fixed some problems with document()
>  - Fix namespace nodes selection and copy (requires libxml-2.3.11 upgrade too)
>  - John Fleck added a tutorial
>  - Fixes for namespace handling when evaluating variables
>  - XInclude global flag added to process XInclude on document() if requested
>  - made xsltproc --version more detailed
>
>   I think this is getting close to 1.0 . It need first to get the proper
> API for extension, and get the variable/parameter handling to be fixed.

you mean the char **params?  i sent in a patch to do
a state+next() fn, hope you like it :)  it keeps the
legacy fns that still take char **, with an example
state+next() fn based on getting the next 'var=val' in the
char ** array,

> Those are the two blocking points I have in mind, there may be others, as
> usual post them, and if there is a bug to be reported, posting it to
> bugzilla.gnome.org with a sample stylesheet and input is the best way to
> get a quick fix.

hiya daniel,

a suggestion.  you have a xsltSaveToFile, to Fd, and to a buffer,
but not save-to-memory, like in libxml.

also, someone else mentioned problems saving to xxxx because of
dumping doc *without* the stylesheet.

based on this, what i did was set up a memory buffer,
called xsltSaveTo, then _re-parsed_ the memory buffer _back_
into a document.

so, i have a couple of suggestions that may make this a little
easier:

how about either a)

create a xsltSaveToMem

b)

'create' a doc using the stylesheet and the source doc document, saaay.... as

xsltSaveToDoc.

xmlDocPtr *xsltSaveToDoc(xmlDocPtr *cur, xsltStyleSheet *sheet);

c)

'merge' the stylesheet back into the source doc document.

so you can free the stylesheet, unless you need it again
for other docs, and the 'merged' doc is stand-alone and
does not need the info contained currentttly within
the stylesheet.

what do you think?

luke