Re: [xslt] Features and Todo for libexslt?

Le 25/07/01 02:42:08, "Vakoc, Mark" a écrit :
> Maybe I'm missing it, but is there a Features and Todo for libexslt?

Not yet... and I've done many changes to libxslt and libexslt that are not
yet in CVS but improve dramatically the FEATURES of libexslt.
It needs some more testing but as I'm currently ill, maybe I'll send the
patch to the list so that other people can work on it until I feel
better...

However, most TODOs are not part of libexslt but libxslt's extension
framework.
The API won't be freezed until we take a decision related to the "extension
element precomputed data framework" I exposed in my last message in the
thread "extension modules" (23/07/01 19:39:47 CEST)

Here's how my heavily-modified libxslt/libexslt works on EXSLT tests:
EXSLT - Common
exsl:node-set:
 NOTE: uses the libxslt implementation
 1) segfault in xmlFreeNsList during xmlXPathFreeValueTree
 2) outputs 0. This is due to libxml/XPath management of
    result tree fragments (see the message from Sebastian Rahtz in the
    thread "libxslt-1.0.1 is released"
exsl:objet-type:
 1) OK.
exsl:document:
 I didn't tested it but it uses the libxslt implementation which seems to
 work.

EXSLT - Functions
func:function/func:result:
 Everything's OK

EXSLT - Math
 Use cases are full of typos, I didn't take time to download and fix them
 but the module seems to work properly.
math:min/math:max:
 7) OK
math:highest/math:lowest:
 7) OK

EXSLT - Sets
set:intersection/set:difference:
 1) OK
set:distinct:
 1) OK
set:has-same-node:
 1) OK
set:leading:
 1) segfaults in xmlXPathCmpNodes. It seems to happen when processing a
    SORT step, either just after the fourth set:leading call or on one of
    the fifth set:leading arguments.
set:trailing:
 1) same problem.

Dates and Times, Regular Expressions and Strings are not implemented.

libxslt 1.0.1/libexslt 0.2.0 should lead to the same results except that:
 · prefixes MUST be declared extension-element-prefixes in xsl:stylesheet
 · EXSLT - Functions do not work since top-level elements are ignored.
   You can test it however by putting the func:function element inside a
   template.

In my TODO list for libxslt, there's still [xsl:]extension-element-prefixes
processing on elements other than xsl:stylesheet/xsl:transform, and adding
these prefixes to the exclude-result-prefixes list.

Tom.