Re: [xslt] libxslt

<received from=""William M. Brack"" date="23 Jul 2001" time="08:10">

<response>

G'day "William M. Brack",

I've stripped the offending stylesheet down of unnecessary detail, and
append it, and its included ss, to the end of this reply ...

Thanks.

</response>
  > I've just started using libxslt (through xsltproc) and get the
  > following msg when I run it with a stylesheet "adtwebdoc.xsl" that
  > does an "include":
  >
  > ajh@hawthorn /home/ajh/web/adt/plans 1032 $ xsltproc adtwebdoc.xsl
  index.xml >index.html
  > xsltApplyOneTemplate: include was not compiled
  > unregistered variable StyleInfo
  > unregistered variable StyleInfo
  > xmlXPathEval: evaluation failed
  >
  > I don't understand what the "include was not compiled" msg means.  Can
  > someone enlighten me please?

  I think, in this instance, a good translation may be "internal processor
  problem" :-)

  Could you provide a copy of the stylesheet so we can pursue it?

  Thanks,
  W Brack

</received>

cheers,
--John Hurst
--  Associate Dean (Teaching), Faculty of Information Technology
--  Associate Professor, School of Computer Science and Software Engineering
--rm G23, Building 63
--PO Box 26, Monash University, Clayton, VIC 3168            ~ ~~~&#:
--ajh@csse.monash.edu.au  +61 3 990 55192        _..___  ---____@___H__
--(mob 0407 569 041) (fax +61 3 990 55146)       |_____[_|_________[__]_
--http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~ajh              oo oo  oo O--O--O o=o
--free times, see http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~ajh/cgi-bin/appointments.cgi

<code name="test.xsl">
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet SYSTEM "/home/ajh/lib/xml/stylesheet.dtd">
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" version="1.0">
  <xsl:output method="html" encoding="UTF-8" indent="no"/>
  <xsl:template match="/">
    <xsl:include href="styleinfo.xsl"/>
      <head>
        <title><xsl:value-of select="@titlebar"/></title>
        <xsl:copy-of select="$StyleInfo"/>
      </head>
      <BODY>
      <!-- inner content skipped -->
      </BODY>
  </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>
</code>

<code name="styleinfo.xsl">
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet SYSTEM "/home/ajh/lib/xml/stylesheet.dtd">
  <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" version="1.0">
    <xsl:variable name="StyleInfo">
      <xsl:element name="META">
        <xsl:attribute name="HTTP-EQUIV">Content-Style-Type</xsl:attribute>
      </xsl:element>
    </xsl:variable>
  </xsl:stylesheet>
</code>