RE: [xslt] Functions for fetching file list

What you want to use is input callbacks.  User defined callbacks (registered
through xmlRegisterInputCallbacks) are always called before the built-in
callbacks.  In your match callback, note the filename in whatever way you
want, then return 0;  libxml2 interprets this as a non-match, and will then
call the next callback(http,ftp,regular file).

I know this works well as I used it to implement the res:// protocol to
extract xml docs from win32 .dlls/.exes.