Re: [xslt] xsltproc port to RISC OS (and errors)

  Hi

On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 02:51:13PM +0100, Justin Fletcher wrote:
> I've ported xsltproc (libxslt, libxml2 and the xmlproc that uses them)
> to RISC OS. I don't know if this is of interest to you, but I can
> provide diffs if you would like to incorporate the necessary (minor)
> changes required.

  hum, yes please.

> In addition, I've added 'throwback' support to xsltproc. Throwback is
> a system used extensively under RISC OS development tools to provide
> feedback to the user on errors and warnings, appearing in clickable
> lists to jump to the correct point. The manner in which I've implemented
> this is not ideal, beause I must parse the error string passed to the
> handler. This may, or may not, be of use to you, but is essential for
> my own work with it :-)

  Well plugging error handling can be done using the API, so I would rather
keep this external from libxml/libxslt releases. If the API is not sufficient
then I would be interested in knowing what needs to be changed.

> 'free failed' is the C library's way of saying 'my heap is corrupt and
> therefore I can't give you any memory'. It's quite possible that I've
> introduced a fault of my own in the port, BUT it might be useful to
> compile with fortify to see whether what I'm seeing is endemic (the
> version I use under linux works just fine, but I've not done any more
> than rudimentary tests).

  Send the minimal patches needed for the port without the specific
error handling routines. It will help finding where the problem got
introduced. I recently found a problem showing up only on IA64 so
there might be suibtle bugs lefts but the core seems really solid now
(/me knocks on wood).

Sep 17-18 2001 Brussels Red Hat TechWorld http://www.redhat-techworld.com