Re: [xslt] Error xpath.c:7416: Invalid type

On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 09:18:45PM +0100, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> Bernhard Zwischenbrugger writes:
>  > Errorreport
>  > =========
>  >
>  > xsltproc --debug navi.xsl menu_xml.html
>  > Error xpath.c:7416: Invalid type
>  > Error xpath.c:7416: Invalid type
>
> I also get this error with some documents. I have yet to pin down a
> small  test case to trigger it

  Lemme guess ... You built your stylesheets using Saxon.
And you are using a result value tree as the input for further processing
without doing an explicit cast to a node-set (libxslt:node-set() for example).
That line is in the core routinge walking a gree to collect elements at
a given step.

  Run with -v and save to stderr to a file. You will see where the
problem happen, then from there you can deduce where the node-set cast
should be inserted, then report if this fixes the problem.

Daniel

P.S.: Saxon is not compliant to the standard, Mike decided to stick to
      XSLT-1.1 even if the version numver given is 1.0 and I'm afraid
      that's what leds to this problem to be relatively common.

Sep 17-18 2001 Brussels Red Hat TechWorld http://www.redhat-techworld.com