Re: [xslt] entity processing from an extrenal dtd

On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 04:27:27PM -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 04:05:57PM -0400, sporty wrote:
> > >   Your XSL stylesheet don't include your document DTD (and should not
> > > in any case). That entity definition is not available to the stylesheet.
> >
> > no way of moving it into the dtd or even the xsl files?  it'd be annoying to put it int he xml files themselves....
>
>   An XSLT stylesheet is an XML file. You can define entities in them.
> Put them in the internal subset (if you don't understand I suggest you
> read some documentation about XML and DTDs).

Well, my XML file that contains all the data is seperate from my XSLT stylesheet.  my DTD is also in a seperate file.  Problem is that even though the ENTITY's are defined in my DTD, when i run it through xslproc, it swears the ENTITY's aren't defined and thus doesn't process them..   It finds all the ELEMENT's and ATTLIST's fine.

the command i'm using is

xsltproc product.xsl documentation.xml

documentation.xml points to my external dtd which contains the ENTITY.  Its not respecting it for some odd reason.