Re: [xslt] ToString or size of output.

On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 08:25:28PM +0200, crille wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm sorry if this is an easy one, but i been banging my head into this one
> for a very long time.
>
> 1)
> Is there a way of getting the output returned as a string.
>
> ie.
> char *string;
> string  = xsltSaveResultToString(result,cur);
>
> or something?

  http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xslt/2001-July/msg00166.html
  note the bug I pointed in my answer. Seems I will have to provide
something similar.

> I need to now acactly how big the string is before using it.

  That libxml can't do ! I can't tell you in advance what will be the
size of a serialized tree, far too complex, depends of encoding too...

> 2)
> How can i retrieve a PI from the xmldoc? I need to findout the value of the
> <?xml-stylesheet ?> tag from the xml file before parsing.

  Hum, before parsing it's hard to tell what's in a file.
Once parsed locating a stylesheet PI is possible. look at
    xsltLoadStylesheetPI(style)
and how it's used in xsltproc.