[xslt] xml, xsl and output to/from strings

Hi all,

I am new to the list and to libxml/libxslt so i apologize if this is a faq,
but I have searched the archive to no effect.

I need to take the xml input and the xsl stylesheet as strings, apply the
xsl to the xml and return the result as a string.

I see there is a parsefrommemory function for the xml document, but i don't
know how to approach the xsl doc, or the output.

can anybody point me to some sample code doing these things?

tia.

Darrin Wortlehock.