Re: bug on multilines xml files with intltool-merge 0.30

(Apparently, you weren't subscribed to this list, so this message is
a bit late)

Hi Bruno,

On June 17th, Bruno Coudoin wrote:

> I have a .xml.in file with this:
> ...cutted...
>         <_goal>Copy a drawing from the box on the right
> into the box on the left.</_goal>
> ...cutted...
>
> I got the string being translated correctly with intltool-merge 0.27
> but nothing happen with intltool-merge 0.30.
>
> If I remove the newline in the above example, then the translation is
> done.
>
> You can have a full example in gcompris (gnome CVS), look for example at
> boards/redraw.xml.in (element goal).

You should probably use intltool 0.31 (or CVS version).  I don't seem
to have problems with it in merging translations into old redraw.xml
(I have old CVS check-out, and GCompris is pretty heavy for dial-up ;)
-- it has a similar case of newline in string, and it contains
substantial fixes for XML handling.

intltool 0.31 tarball available on ftp.gnome.org has some problems
(missing mkinstalldirs, Makefile with wrong path to it, etc.),
so you may want to try my own version at (just regenerated with "make
distcheck" using CVS HEAD at 0.31 time):
  http://kvota.net/~danilo/intltool-0.31.tar.bz2

I hope this helps — if not, be sure to report a bug in Bugzilla, and
CC me, so I can fix it (be also sure to do it fast, since I'm leaving
for no-computer area in a couple of days).

Cheers,
Danilo