Re: [Translation-i18n] The reason for make dist updating po files

Hi,

Sorry, I haven't really been following this thread.

> > I have my doubts about that and how suitable such an approach would be.
> > First of all, I'm not sure how feasible it would be to teach such a
> > command how to distinguish an update that actually has a po file bugfix,
> > committed by another translator or developer, from a routinely checked
> > in "make dist"ed po file, committed by a developer.

Can someone update me on the situation please? I am swamped with work
for the time being so I haven't really been following this list.

> I'm sure such an intltool-commit script is feasible with less than 20
> shell commands. Remember that you have all the CVS history at hand,
> and each CVS revision - as well as the translator's new PO file - each
> have a PO-Revision-Date in them.

I have nothing against adding a intltool-commit script if that is what's
needed. Intltool isn't just for CVS use though and isn't Gnome only -
though is was developed to solve some issues we had when developing
Nautilus, and we have become very dependent on it.

Intltool actually does a lot of things gettext could do instead.
Actually I would like it if you had a look at intltool Bruno - but that
is a whole other story.

Kenneth